Thank you for choosing Xplora. We hope that you and your child enjoy this new and more exciting way of exploring the world. The following guide will show you how to set up your X5 Play.
The X5 Play is compatible with nano-SIM cards of most major mobile providers in the European Union. Click here for a list of compatible providers. A minimum of 400MB data allowance per month is recommended in order for the watch to work properly.
In order to use a SIM-card in your X5 Play, you have to deactivate the card's PIN-code. Click here to learn how to deactivate the PIN-code.
Check the box for the following items:
|X5 Play watch||quick user guide||magnetic charging cable|
NOTE: Please use only authorised Xplora accessories.
CAUTION: Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Do not remove or attempt to remove the non-user-replaceable battery. If you experience problems with the battery, please contact the customer support.
After installing the SIM-card, activate your watch with the following steps:
- Make sure your watch is fully charged or connected to the charger. If the watch previously ran out of power, it might take up to 15 minutes of charging before the watch can be switched on.
- Download and install the Xplora app on your smartphone:
- Create a user account - Make sure to use your own phone number (not the watch's phone number) when creating a guardian account.
- After creating a user account, the app will prompt you to add a watch. Press "Add device", then "Scan code". Give the app permission to access your camera.
- On the watch, press the "Activation" button or select "QR code" in the Settings menu.
- Scan the QR code shown on the watch and type in your watch's phone number.
- You can add a second administrator by repeating these steps with the phone of the person you want to assign administrator rights to. Once the second guardian has scanned the code of the watch, the first guardian needs to accept the contact request in the app. Afterwards you can grant admin rights in the contact menu of the app.
NOTE: The service performance may vary by the mobile network coverage. Feel free to contact us via email@example.com for further assistance.