Thank you for choosing Xplora. We hope that you and your child enjoy this new and more exciting way of exploring the world. The following guide will show you how to set up your watch.
Check the box for the following items:
NOTE: Please use only authorised Xplora accessories.
CAUTION: Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Do not remove or attempt to remove the non-user-replaceable battery. If you experience problems with the battery, please contact the customer support.
Prepare the SIM-Card
The XGO2 is SIM-free which means that you need to get a separate nano SIM-card before you start using the watch. Click here for a list of compatible providers.
The SIM-card should have unlimited voice minutes and around 400 MB of mobile data per month, both prepaid and pay as you go SIM-cards will work. Make sure that the mobile data is active and deactivate the PIN code before pairing the watch. Click here to learn how to deactivate the PIN-code.
XGO2 will only work with a Nano SIM card. Install SIM card:
Once the SIM-card is properly inserted, you should hear a click and see a full signal bar on the screen bar.
- Make sure your watch is fully charged. If the watch previously ran out of power, it might take up to 15 minutes of charging before the watch can be switched on.
- Download and install the Xplora app on your smartphone:
- Create a user account - Make sure to use your own phone number (not the watch's phone number) when creating a guardian account.
- After creating a user account, the app will prompt you to add a watch. Press "Add device", then "Scan code". Give the app permission to access your camera.
- On the watch, select "QR code" in the Settings menu.
- Scan the QR code shown on the watch and type in your watch's phone number. Make sure that you enter the number of the SIM-card that is inside the watch.
- Click here to learn how to add a second guardian.
NOTE: The performance of the watch might depend on the mobile network coverage. Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.